Dietetics plays an important role in the thermal baths of Vals
Melody, our dietician, will be speaking to several times during your stay at the Spa
Individual dietetic consultations
Individual dietetic consultations not only allow you to adapt your diet to your lifestyle and health problems but also to any treatments you are also undergoing.
A consultation lasts between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
Calculation of your fat mass, muscle mass, bone mass thanks to the balance impedance meter.
At each appointment this measurement is made in order to see your evolution.
A consultation lasts between 45 minutes and 1 hour, during which the dietician will:
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI): this is an important health indicator and allows you to gain an understanding of your risk of developing diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems….
- Calculate your body fat percentage using an impedance metre, helping you to track body fat loss
- Calculate your ideal weight
- Carry out an assessment of your current diet: this is done by asking questions about your current dietary habits. This allows the dietician to identify any problem areas and correct them in line with your habits, work….
- Give you dietetic and therapeutic advice
After the consultation, you can attend follow-up appointments which generally last between 20 and 30 minutes. This allows you to monitor any weight and body fat loss, ask any questions you might have about implementing dietary changes and ask for any other advice you might need…
On appointment45 minutes to 1 hour
- External consultation: €30
- Spa guest consultation: €18
- Individual follow-up appointment: €11
Conferences are free of charge
Mélody, will address the following topics:
Sugar and sugar substitutes
Fats: good or bad?
How to find your way into food packaging?
When having to follow a specific diet, it’s not always easy to know how to manage when one is invited to a friend’s house, when travelling or when going out to a restaurant; the dietician will give you tips on how to best manage these situations.
Juggling pre-dinner snacks and dietetics
When trying to pay attention to one’s weight or diabetes, it’s never easy to know what you can and can’t eat. The dietician will give you some useful tips.
The glycaemic index of foods is a relatively new notion and one which replaces that of slow- and fast-release carbohydrates. It’s an important factor when trying to stabilise blood sugar levels, prevent cardiovascular diseases and improve blood fluidity. The dietician will explain this new concept in simple terms and give you values for starchy foods and fruits. This will not only help you improve blood sugar levels but your health too!
Fat and new recipes
Over the past year, numerous new fat products have come on to the market, such as cholesterol-reducing margarines, low-fat butters, butters rich in Omega 3… It’s become hard to know which one to choose. Our dietician will explain the differences between these products and make choosing easier.
She will then give you cooking tips for creating tasty dishes, sauces and desserts while using less fat…
There are numerous low-fat products in the supermarket aisles; how can we recognise and use them? The dietician will show you how to find them.
There’s an array of dietary information on food packaging but what should we be looking out for? The dietician will give you useful pointers for reading food labels; it’s actually pretty simple!
Get together in our meeting room; minimum three persons. **every thursday at 3pm45 minutes
Cookery classes 1 : 30
Our dietician offers cookery classes to help you learn how to make sauces and tasty desserts which are low in fat and sugar. After spending the morning preparing your meal, you will then have the opportunity to taste them and give feedback.
There is also the culinary trio at 60€ for the 3 workshops. (1h30 workshop): in order to best respond to different everyday situations (aperitifs with friends, pastries, everyday dishes). You leave with what you have prepared.every Tuesday at 2pm1 : 30
Cookery classes : 2 hours
The dietician offers you cooking classes to learn how to make recipes low in fat and sugar. After having prepared your meal throughout the morning, you will be able to taste it and give your opinion.
Elaboration and tasting with a starter, a main course and a dessert.
The price is 34€ for the course.
For more information, please contact our hostesses.Tuesdays at 10am2 hours
Our dietician’s top tips
- Replace full-fat crème fraiche with low-fat 15% single cream or 0% soft white cheese.
- When making desserts, replace sugar with sweeteners. 1 teaspoon of sugar = 1 teaspoon of Canderel. And consider using more herbs and spices: cinnamon, four-spice mix, mint, vanilla extract, lemon…
- When making savoury dishes, replace diced bacon with ham which has less fat and calories.
- Opt for wholegrain cereals (brown rice, basmati rice, wholemeal bread, multigrain bread, bran bread, half-whole-wheat pasta…) instead of refined cereals (white bread, white rice…)